VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope im in the right section sry if im not . I really don't know much about vws , but my sister has a 99 beetle she bought even tho she doesn't know how to drive stick lol . Also its in pretty rough shape cosmetically and the previous owner rigged a bunch of stuff up . I found a 2004 Beetle with a seized 1.8l turboed engine . my question is if I can take the 2.0l out of the 99 and swap it with the 2004 1.8l which is also an automatic and is In much nicer shape , if I can will it be a direct swap or will there be some customizing . also can the turbo from the 1.8 be installed on the 2.0 .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope im in the right section sry if im not . I really don't know much about vws , but my sister has a 99 beetle she bought even tho she doesn't know how to drive stick lol . Also its in pretty rough shape cosmetically and the previous owner rigged a bunch of stuff up . I found a 2004 Beetle with a seized 1.8l turboed engine . my question is if I can take the 2.0l out of the 99 and swap it with the 2004 1.8l which is also an automatic and is In much nicer shape , if I can will it be a direct swap or will there be some customizing . also can the turbo from the 1.8 be installed on the 2.0 .
It is a direct swap using motor/trans/ECU/Main Harness and possibly the dash cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 2.0 is an N/A motor. The 1.8t is a turbo and is designed for the specific use with K series small frame turbos, you can get a turbo kit for any engine. But in stock configuration the 2.0 does not accept a turbo. Rebuild the 1.8t and swap the full drivetrain and computer/wiring into the 2.0 chassis they use the same mounts for engine and trans... good luck. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like a plan for my own car engine. I'll ask for my mechanic to assist me for this. Thanks!!
I’m gonna be doing another 1.8t 06A AWP long block swap, for a customer w/ his 2004 VW GLI 1.8T , the same one that I posted a picture of the hood exit on a stock OEM K03 turbo I custom built out of a K04 3” downpipe and Ford F-350 Up-pipe, on the TDI forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts