VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know someone is gonna say "use the search tool", but I cant find the answer im looking for. What is the factory bolt pattern for an 06 VW? No, I do not know what model. Im buying some rims and tires from someone for a major steal of a price and want to know if they will fit my car.

Thank you

·
Registered
322 Posts
To complicate things...there are a few '06 mk4 Golfs out there. But likely its a mk5 and therefore a 5x112 pattern vs. the 5x100 mk4s.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nope, there are '06 mk4 TDI Golfs out there at least. I've seen a few.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, here in the states. Head over to TDIClub and you'll find a few. I've also seen a few on Craigslist before. Check KBB. It lists a TDI and 2.0 Golf for 2006.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Imported then, According to everything i have read the MKIV platform sold in the US stopped in 05. 06+ MKIV platforms only were shipped and sold in South American countries, China and Cananda before they called them City Golfs. My TDI knowledge is limited though, so perhaps that model still made it into the country, but i know the 1.8T and VR6 models stopped in 05.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Imported then, According to everything i have read the MKIV platform sold in the US stopped in 05. 06+ MKIV platforms only were shipped and sold in South American countries, China and Cananda before they called them City Golfs. My TDI knowledge is limited though, so perhaps that model still made it into the country, but i know the 1.8T and VR6 models stopped in 05.
If you look on KBB, etc. the 2.0 and TDI is listed for the '06 model year. They were sold here, just not in large numbers. I didn't believe it either until I saw a few for sale on CL. Did a little digging and it seems that they do exist here and aren't imports.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
I almost bought a red mk4 gti. Was an 06. Build date was like 10/05. My 05 gti was built in 08/05 if I remember.
About the wheels. Not worth getting adapter for those anyway. You will spend $200+ on adapters, then you will need tires, cause those are going torub since the adapters are going to change the offsets . Those probably have a 48 or 50 something offset. After 20mm adapters they will stick out just a little. Just not worth the hassle. Sell them and make some money off them. Hell if you were close I would probably buy them for my mk5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts