VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a VW golf 2014, 5cy, 2.5 l. Not sure if it’s a MK6, if not moderator please move this post.
So, my golf has 112’500 on the clock and runs great. I do uber/Lyft with this car so I need it to last as long as possible.
My question is this. Should I replace the AT fluid? I don’t think I ever did during any regular service. If yes, any step by step instructions?
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all,
I have a VW golf 2014, 5cy, 2.5 l. Not sure if it’s a MK6, if not moderator please move this post.
So, my golf has 112’500 on the clock and runs great. I do uber/Lyft with this car so I need it to last as long as possible.
My question is this. Should I replace the AT fluid? I don’t think I ever did during any regular service. If yes, any step by step instructions?
Thanks
Every 40,000 miles the AT system should be flushed, cleansed, filter replaced, and filled using VW's special equipment. Around $300 at VW dealer for standard AT and about $150 more for DSG AT, which will be stamped on the shifter.

However, if AT fluid has been neglected for 100,000 miles, the pressure of flushing becomes risky due to the long-term build-up of waste material in the fluid. If you don't know the car's history, a simple drain, new filter, and fill presents the least risk of damaging the AT.

Contact your VW dealer for more information about flushing and www.blauparts.com for details about doing a drain and fill. Blauparts also sells drain and fill kits so you can DiY.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts