VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of rims from a junk yard. Perfect condition and only 60 for the set. However, when I went to mount them only two fit, the others had a bolt pattern of about 1-2mm too wide. I'm guessing I ripped these off an Audi and was wondering if there's anyway to convert the front hub assemblies to accept the Audi bolt pattern.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
That sucks. Audis are 4x108, your car is 4x100, and although it's pretty ghetto to do it this way, you should be able to get a set of rear brake discs off an Audi 5000. They should fit right onto your stub axles on the rear, accept your calipers and pads and have the right bolt pattern.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, no... Two of the rims came off a late 80's Jetta and two off an Audi Quattro. They looked exactly alike and the one I tested on another Jetta fit so I assumed they were all 4X100mm. Stupid Quattros and their "gotta-be-original" bolt patterns!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know a guy that got his hubs redrilled between the existing 4 holes, so then he had 8 holes....4x100mm and 4x108mm. That way he could run vw or audi rims. It did not have any strength issues either. There was plenty of material left, and he's been running them that way for years.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jforte5650:
I know a guy that got his hubs redrilled between the existing 4 holes, so then he had 8 holes....4x100mm and 4x108mm. That way he could run vw or audi rims. It did not have any strength issues either. There was plenty of material left, and he's been running them that way for years.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a decent idea. But i would still be a little weary about drilling more holes.
But that's just me

·
Registered
466 Posts
If they are aluminum rims you could have them filled and drilled at a wheel shop, if they are steel they should be able to just drill them with no strength lost.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jforte5650:
I know a guy that got his hubs redrilled between the existing 4 holes, so then he had 8 holes....4x100mm and 4x108mm. That way he could run vw or audi rims. It did not have any strength issues either. There was plenty of material left, and he's been running them that way for years.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
that seems like a good idea. I would do that if I were you. let us know what you go with. and some pics if possible!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Redrilling is going to cost you more than you paid for the wheels. It is perfectly safe... but generally needs to be done on a CNC machine ($$$).

Read my post above... it really is the best option besides buying the right wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to just get another pair of matching rims with the 4x100mm patern. cost me about a 125, but they're perfect and now I can rotate my tires. They're going on after I replace my ball joints. Pics to follow.

p.s. if anyone needs a pair of audi rims i've got some for sell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts