VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
What type of engine do you have?? 1.8 or 2.0?? IF you have a 1.8, get a chip or boost controler along with a new air filter, cat-back exhaust, and a after market Diverter Valve.
jon

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight thanks jon. I was thinking of gettin the chip soon. Is it really worth it on the 1.8? Would an intercooler be worth the money later on?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
What year is your car?? I have a 2001 1.8t with the 150 hp. It made a world of a diffrence when i got my APR chip put in. It gives something like 45-50 hp and same with Torque. A couple of chip makers are GIAC, APR and Upsolute. I would highly recomend APR. I have two programs with the chip. the 93 octane program and a stock program i can use when the weather is bad and when i go into the dealer. Also a front mounted intercooler isn't a bad idea but isn't needed. It will improve the power some but is more for just keeping the turbo cooler. I might get one someday when i have the extra money.
jon
jon

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man for your opinion on the intercooler. I'm definitely not gonna get it anytime soon. I was thinking about getting a chip from Neuspeed (its $200) but the different modes on the APR sound good. What's the APR site? By the way, my car is a 2002.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts