VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this and I have a 2001 vw golf and I was wondering if I got a totaled A4 if I could swap it's guts out and do an AWD conversion

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
I know its possible but when most people ask they either have no mechanical knowhow or are just trying to get a rise out of people. Most think its just bolt in a subframe and driveshaft. I hate these threads. Either start cutting or dont even bother.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I have to agree with fubar on this. a few months back I saw a Z06 corvette with a 63 rear end. Just because you CAN really doesn't mean you should. besides, after a billion hours of frustration, fabricating all the mounting hardware, endless fights with the girlfriend, being without the car for months on end, and friends getting all pissed off because they have to drag you around all the time just go buy a Golf R. Take the tens of thousands of dollars that you will save and invest it in the lottery. that would be way more fun. But good luck to you and all of your endeavors.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
agreed. and being that an a4 is longitudinal mounted and the jetta/golf is transverse, right there is your answer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.