VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a few years since I owned a mk3, but we picked up a 99 Cabrio for my fiancé. Sweet little car and the very definition of old lady owned (still has the factory cassette player). I just have a couple questions specific to this car.
She wants a switch blade key, like on my mk4. It doesn't have a fob with it but does have the central power lock switch and open both doors with two turns. Does this car have remote lock and can I program the switch blade to it. Obviously I can cut a key for the switch blade, but I'd like to make the buttons work.
I'd like to give her a CD player and I'm pretty sure her car is supposed to have the changer in the trunk, but is there an OEM single din head unit that would fit, have CD and no cassette?
The car has the funny trunk unlock under the centre console, but doesn't work. I can't hear any actuators engage or anything, am I doing it wrong or is there a common problem with them?
Thanks for any input or advise, in return here is the car. With more to come as our stupid Canadian weather improves.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Most of the 99's had keyless entry so there is a good chance. Not sure on the compatibility of the switch blade remote with the receiver though.

An OEM MK4 cd deck might work with your cabrio since it is the MK3.5.

Does the lock pump work when turning the key in the door?

·
Registered
2 Posts
pop out your headlight switch look in been it to see if you have the white box or black box beside the silver box for CC if you have the whit box you will need the key fob if not I have a couple spares of the white box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts