VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 GTi reverse lights don't come on. Is this a comon problem? Don't think it's the bulbs, maybe the switch on the shifter, or just a blown fuse?

·
Registered
203 Posts
well my opinion would be to replace the bulbs anyway if that doesn't work leave the bulbs and try the fuse next if that doesn't work either check all of the wiring going to the tail lights before going to the trouble of replacing the switch on the shifter.
hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good advice, I'll certainly give that a try. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
haha. i think its a common prob. my rev lights on my 86 don't work, by friends 85 golf rev lights dont work, and another guy i knew that had one didn't work. i think the prob is the actual switch but i dont feel like messing with it. haha

·
Registered
96 Posts
switch on the shifter? do you guys even look at what your driving? there is no switch its on the tranny first off, second the part is 90 bucks from vw....so i said fuck that and hard wired from my fuse panel to a switch on the dash to the lights, if i need them on i just flip the switch...also works great to freak out tailgaters...hehe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by b3nnybl4z3:
switch on the shifter? do you guys even look at what your driving? there is no switch its on the tranny first off, second the part is 90 bucks from vw....so i said fuck that and hard wired from my fuse panel to a switch on the dash to the lights, if i need them on i just flip the switch...also works great to freak out tailgaters...hehe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats not a bad idea. Did you run new wires or do the reverse light have there own fuse you can cut into?

·
Registered
96 Posts
i just ran new wires..no carpet in the car so i tucked it into the other wire casing...hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts