VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Timmay, sorry to hear about your car. I am glad that you are getting everything taken care of now. I think I have a similar problem. I had my oil light come on and I did the same thing you did. That is what I get for not checking the oil in the car after I got it. I have had an oil change, and it was running fine for a while, but not it seems it is back to eating oil. I would say it needs oil about every 1k, and sometimes mine needs 2 quarts too. I noticed lately that the performance is a bit lacking too. I will floor it sometimes and she just feels like she is straining to go fast, though I know she can go much faster. I wonder if mine could just be that my car leaks oil from the header, though I have a new header gasket on there so I don't know what could be the problem. My car is a 91 GTI 8v btw.

Also I don't know if this is the same problem but sometimes when I floor it she starts to go fast and then drops revs and then shoots back up repeatedly. It has only happened two or three times, but still I am worried. Injectors maybe? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
well, just check the oil every gas up or more. and other then that, i cant help man, sry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you people with oil problems need to get new gaskets or even rings, start looking for another engine soon! or rebuild

1 - 3 of 3 Posts