VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday I went to get my windows re-tinted. The guy doing my car called me and said "your windows are almost done but I have some bad news, Somehow your winshied got a crack in it." I go and check it out and sure enough A crack near the top of the winshied,driving home it just got larger. So me and the tint guy got everything worked out. So I get the winshield replaced today and I am talking to the guy and he says it looks like a stress crack. When the guy is removing the old winshield he says it looks like the winshield has been replaced before. So the dealer probably had it replaced before I bought the car. Nice to find out 3 years after I bought the car. So then I get in the car to drive it home from work and they glued the damn rearview mirror on crooked. So now the guy has to come back tomorrow and fix it. And I have to wait 3 days for the glue to dry before I can get the top of the winshield re-tinted. ALL THIS CRAP BEFORE CARLISLE.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah man that really does suck. but i hope you get all your shit done before carsile.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
man that blows. hope it gets better! its only the begining of the week so you still got a few days to make up for the crappyness. best luck!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I hope all goes well for you from now on. I am pretty ticked off about the fact that the dealer sold you this car and did not disclose to you the fact that the windshield was replaced. If this would be less then 6 months from purchase date you could sue. But after 6 months there is really nothing you can do. At least that's the law here in ONTARIO according OMVIC.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything is packed and cleaned, I am ready to head to carlisle tomorrow. Everything seems to be looking up. (cross fingers)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts