VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much mileage are you getting out of your car? I only get 400km on a tank. I used to get 300km before I changed out my coolant temp, crankshaft position sensor, and fuel filter as well as normal maintenance (spark plugs, air filter). Looked up my MAF part number and it's apparently a bad part number. Could this somehow affect fuel economy?

·
Registered
828 Posts
MAF sensor would definitely play a part in economy.. since that's what tells the motor how much fuel to use.
You get 400km on a tank, but you used to get 300km? Sounds like improved economy to me...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm just wondering how much are people are getting in the city cause gas aint getting cheaper here in Canada X.X It's like $1.50-$1.60/L for 91 octane... and to see if there's anything else I can do.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
you could do a seafoam treatment, that helped by about 2mpg. maf can definitely cause problems with mpg. but look up seafoam DIYS, like one on jetta junkie, very easy and helpful.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
What's 400km ? I average 350-380 miles before the idiot light comes on. Easily 30mpg. Change plugs, fuel filter, clean air filter or replace and clean the maf sensor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you could do a seafoam treatment, that helped by about 2mpg. maf can definitely cause problems with mpg. but look up seafoam DIYS, like one on jetta junkie, very easy and helpful.
I seafoamed everything already. Gas tank, Oil, and Vaccum line. Made my idle run nicely. Also did a throttle body cleaning with a toothbrush and some scotchbrite as well.

What's 400km ? I average 350-380 miles before the idiot light comes on. Easily 30mpg. Change plugs, fuel filter, clean air filter or replace and clean the maf sensor.
That's just under 250 miles flat from needle to needle. Planning to change the MAF asap to see if that does anything.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I seafoamed everything already. Gas tank, Oil, and Vaccum line. Made my idle run nicely. Also did a throttle body cleaning with a toothbrush and some scotchbrite as well.

That's just under 250 miles flat from needle to needle. Planning to change the MAF asap to see if that does anything.
Bet the MAF is what's causing it. I get upwards of 350 miles to a tank in my Jetta...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disconnected my MAF and I get about 450 miles on a tank o_O Anyways... Does anyone know what a squeak squeak and squeal could mean on the driver side? It's intermittent when im driving around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts