VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cracked my radiator the other day i was really mad cause it was pissing out fluid like crazy i take it to my buddy theos garage and he tells me he can get me a new one the next day so i left my car there and he calls me the next day to to tell me its ready i go over to his garage and he shows me the crack and the new radiator i look at the price tag and what kind it was 390 dollar radiator made for racing i told him he didnt have to go and bye that he said dont worry about dude i got for 100 bucks his discount my jaw dropped and i am now as happy as i can be again.....

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
sAAAAAAAAAweet!

I hate to be a stick in the preverbial mud but is a race radiator going to cool your engine as well as one that is designed for lower speeds? I mean, you'd be going tons faster while in a race, thus cooling your car at much faster rates. The only reason I bring this up is that a friend of mine put racing break pads on his car and them shits didn't stop! Not enough friction!

If thats not the case then, WOO HOO!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well every since its been installed its been running alot cooler but honestly i dont know much about cars im learning alot from my buddy theo you can ask me anything about a jet engine but when it comes to car im learning but learnign fast.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:
well every since its been installed its been running alot cooler but honestly i dont know much about cars im learning alot from my buddy theo you can ask me anything about a jet engine but when it comes to car im learning but learnign fast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of drag coefficient on the dragging turbine of a Being GP7000 for A380 operators being pushed at a 1.25G climb?

...haven't we all wondered?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damit IM a technichian i solve problems when somthing goes wrong..........Im yet to become an ENGINEER......plus the GP7000 family is still on the drawing board...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I am very intimidated right now...let's speak english, k?
That's awesome that you got the radiator for so cheap...where di your buddy get it from? (Remember, I'm from Beverly, so I know a lot of places around there.)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my buddy shop is in worcester which you know brett is about 45 mins away from beverly or so

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:
Damit IM a technichian i solve problems when somthing goes wrong..........Im yet to become an ENGINEER......plus the GP7000 family is still on the drawing board...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JJ, what aircraft do you service?

I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE aerodynamics/air force/jets fan.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
What kind of drag coefficient on the dragging turbine of a Being GP7000 for A380 operators being pushed at a 1.25G climb?

...haven't we all wondered?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry was that english. i dont know what your talkin about. haha, can ya fill me in>?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i service embraer 135,140,145 which packs Two AE 3007A1/3 Rolls-Royce turbofans with 7,201 lb. each . Honestly i think its the biggest piece of SH*T ever built those thing break down left and right..... but hey its expierence. but thomas i know what you mean im a huge aerobatic/airforce fan and even commercial planes....

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
A racing radiator will work better at any speed because they're usually aluminum and have bigger fins or whatevcer they're called to help dicipate heat. I've been meaning to get one with a dual lightweight fan setup. Good deal though. I wish i could find one that cheap.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
JJ, what aircraft do you service?

I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE aerodynamics/air force/jets fan.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thomas my stepdad was a first master seargent in the Air force. He used to go to air shows with the stealth bombers to show them off. He's got at least 100 model air planes in his basement and in glass cases. All look like they're about o fly away. Then after he retired he worked for a company in the Netherlands building fighter jets.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts