VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the “Jetta” and the “1.8t” off the trunk panel, but last week my friend and I took the badges off his GSR and there were drilled holes for the badge to mount in and now he is driving around with duct tape over them, until he can fill them in. Are VW symbols just stick on or are there holes?

·
Registered
471 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
They're just held on with adhesive, man. Get a good quality adhesive remover (I recommend 3M) and a plastic razor blade, and debadge away. For best results, buff out afterwards, so that nobody sees where the badges were in the paint.
ditto on that....also, in this cold weather you may be better off doing this in an enclosed area(ie: heated garage) and warm them up with a hair drier. The adhesive will become more pliable when warmed up. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
They're just held on with adhesive, man. Get a good quality adhesive remover (I recommend 3M) and a plastic razor blade, and debadge away. For best results, buff out afterwards, so that nobody sees where the badges were in the paint.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I debadged my car a month ago and it is exremely easy just use the floss and hair-dryer method. Don't get it too hot or the paint can start to come off with the sticky stuff. Looks good but be sure to buff and wax the areas because they will show when your car is clean. FYI I put a porsche turbo badge on my right rear side where the "1.8T" was. I think it looks pretty cool......something different

1 - 6 of 6 Posts