VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my euro GT<font color="#FF0000">I</font> badge arrived...
I am not sure which placement to use...

U.S. GT<font color="#FF0000">I</font> styling would be to take off the "GOLF" on the left and replace it with the "GT<font color="#FF0000">I</font>" badge... leaving the "1.8T" on the right.

Euro styling would be to leave the "GOLF" on the left and replace the "1.8T" on the right with the "GT<font color="#FF0000">I</font>" badge...

I think that way would make it more authentic plus people would wonder what I have under the hood a little more...

I have also considered debadging completly and just putting the new GT<font color="#FF0000">I</font> on the upper right hand side.

I know it sounds like I have too much free time to worry about this but I was just curious what some of you thought or maybe what other kind of badge configurations are out there.

Also is there anything to watch out for when removing badges or placing new ones on the vehicle... I don't want the new one to come off in the rain

Comments...?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I tell you what kind of badge configuration I have.

NO BADGES! Bare ass over here!

As you can see in my sig.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i ran bare ass for a while but then i fell in love with the 20th ae badge!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i have a golf 2-door 2.0, so i took the golf letters off so people will think its a gti once i start doing stuff to it. but i also think being different with your badges is cool too. just today i saw a toureg go by and it had the "V8" badge on it and i was thinking that i might try to get those letters on ebay and stick them on my car so it looks like "8V" just because it would stand out and be original. (at least i've never seen it before)....

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
dford, if I were you, I would continue your euro look. I have gti (red i)on the left and vr6 (red 6) on the right. I might go the full euro look with golf on the left, and v6 on the right...let us know what you go with.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedbora:
I like it clean shavin.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn boosted your car is soo damn hot! can i have it?

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
I run Euro style....Golf on the left, GTI with red I on the right. Its hot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks good that way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys... I realize this is an old one to bring back but a couple people said they wanted to see what I ended up going with badge-wise...

Brian I did continue that euro look that you mentioned - golf left - gt<font color="#990000">i</font> with the red <font color="#990000">i</font> right.

I am pleased with the way it turned out. I won't rule out a "clean shaven" look for the future or perhaps the next ride but I am pretty happy with this config for now.

I do occasionally get people saying,"that ain't no gti"... "it's a four door..." I don't usually hear what comes after that as they are several car lengths back by that stage and it is hard to read their lips from such a distance... whoooshh! d

[ December 05, 2003: Message edited by: dford ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
euro looks awesome!! brian i say you do the euro thing too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts