VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding around the other day in my gls and was wondering what i could do to make this car my own. My friend turns to me and says you should make it baja. I thought about this and it makes perfect sense for who i am. I only have one issue. I have no idea where i should get started. Im thinking suspension, wheel and tires, then engine and exhaust. Any helpful suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand that lifting it would one of the first things to do but was wondering if you guys may have a good way to go about doing the mods

·
Registered
625 Posts
You're going the wrong way.

In all seriousness, talk to bass excellence. He is into that dirt skipping jazz.
There's no such thing as the "wrong" way. It may be the wrong way for you, but not the wrong way for him.

That being said, good luck finding aftermarket support for the mods you want.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
coil overs??

lol.. i dont understand this.. its a rally jetta from factory.
ikr...

Just throw some 16" beetle steelies with some large rubbers rapped around...what stock on a 15" is 195-65-15? on a 16" try 205-70-16...def. will raise your car a bit...

Then I would do like all stock with angry looking headlights, get the fog lights for the lower grille, get the straight grille, keep the notch in it dont fill the notch...and then get a sticker over the top of your windshield saying "Subi Can Sue-Me" :p

IMO...making a VW into the rally type is mocking a Subi a bit...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well found some wheel spacers to push the wheels out about 15-20mm (not quite an inch), the stock rims can work for now, there are a set of bf goodrich that would work (i think they are like 235/75/r15), fender mods are probably gonna be required and i think i know where to go from here, or at least a good direction.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I want to get a jeep....lower it down the the ground...

This thread is making me think backwards D:

:p Good luck when you done post some pics :K:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Some good shit man, you want some? lol

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts