VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an Optima Red Top for my 2.0 I really like, but there are problems. If I drive the car everyday it seems to be fine. If I let it sit for a day or two w/out starting it, the battery will go dead. I haven't even been able to jump start it the past two times. I had the battery professionally checked, and it's fine. The car starts with no problem when the battery is fully charged. Any ideas? Could it be that the alternator is not charging correctly? Any chance there is a positive ground in the car that is pulling power when the car is sitting, and how would I go about finding it if so? anything else it could be? the lights won't come on, the starter just clicks (like a dead battery) and it can't be jumped. I was jumping it w/a 1000 cranking amp batter that was in my truck while it was running........my jetta acted like it still got no juice.....Any thoughts would be helpful. On a side note.....when I first start the car it makes an odd rattling sound between 3,500 - 4,000 rpm........it stops after the first or second time through that rpm range and doesn't do it again until I have turned the car off and then start again. It's got me puzzled. I haven't had this car long, but I love it. I'm just trying to work out all the kinks. Thanks for the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts