VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a problem with a 2000 2.0 beattle the batt was drained a week ago and now the radio wont turn on and it is a bastard to start. it also tens to die when the clutch is depressed when getting going from stop lights. all of this is happening in 0 to -10 degree midwest tempreturres.... well guys im stumped any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Did you get a new battery, something with more cold crank amps? I would suggest that first obviously, is the radio asking for a code? Sometimes that will happen, you'd need to get teh code from the dealer, unless you have it. Other than that, the cold weather sucks for this type of thing, not sure whatelse to say.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Go to autozone. They will test it for you to see if it is indeed the battery. They won't even charge you for testing it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:
Go to autozone. They will test it for you to see if it is indeed the battery. They won't even charge you for testing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i did, still the regular platinum battery for out cars is like 75 bucks USD after tax...

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalacticVR6:

thats what i did, still the regular platinum battery for out cars is like 75 bucks USD after tax...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the OEM battery that died? I'd say close to 5 years is well worth the $75.

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Is this the OEM battery that died? I'd say close to 5 years is well worth the $75.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that wasnt a complaint raf, merely info....

edit: Carson, i was going to go with the yellow top, but the warrenty on them goes through optima, whereas the warrenty on the AZ platinum goes through autozone, meaning when it goes bad walk in with a bad one walk onut with a new one, rather than sit and wait for optima to ship you one.... i still kinda wish i got it tho

[ January 30, 2004: Message edited by: GalacticVR6 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts