VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get lynched I tried searching everywhere and would get a lot of mixed answers but not exactly what I'm looking for, this includes picture searches.

I have a set of rs's that are black but I'm rebuilding them over the winter, new lips and new painted faces. I have a white mk2 Golf and want the wheels to be gold but I'm not sure which paint would match the "BBS RS Gold" the closest. I read a lot about Grimmspeed but the pictures I saw it looked to be a little more yellowy and more like the STI golf, and Wurth seemed a little more brownish. That's all I could really find besides containers of the actual paint from BBS Germany, which I hear is also very expensive.

Any good experience with repainting rs's gold? If I cant get the color right I may go another color but I like gold wheels with white cars the best. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are looking for a generic type gold check out the duplicolor or VHT wheel paint line. Now if you want something specific here is what I have done in the past- You can head over to your auto parts store, in my area napa is what I have had the best experience with. Im not sure if you have a carquest or not in your area. Talk with their paint guy! They can set you up with something that can match your paint the closest. They have several pages of different paint samples to look through. After you pick out the color you want, they can either mix it into a quart or a gallon paint size can which can be sprayed through a gun or you can get it mixed into an aresol can and applied that way. Don't worry about trying to get BBS paint you will spend a fortune, just call around in your area and see if there is someone who mixes automotive paint! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts