VW Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Motor is in, most of the wires are hooked up, and half of the hoses. Got to continue hooking stuff up later today. I also picked up a pair of 100mm cv axles, an 8v double down manifold, and a front motor mount.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
More shit is hooked up. Almost done and ready to start.

Interior is slowly being pieced together.

Never thought i would love hubcaps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Pulled it out of the garage, got it all ready to start and it wouldn't start. Went through a bunch of shit to figure stuff out. It would try to start but wouldn't. Tomorrow we're going to change the MAF, check the fuel pressure and re do the timing again. It's so close to being done!! :wall:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
More pixors of The Whore and some of the exhaust. We used some spare pipe we had laying around, and a Tractor muffler from TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) It's just like a glass pack. I like the way it looks. It has normal exhaust hangers. The chain at the end was more for looks but it also helps hold the muffler from moving side to side. Car also needs a little bit of body work in the back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i don't know if i'll be able to make it. Might not have the funds for gas, and no friends to cruise with just incase my car breaks =/

More pixors.

Bums sleeping n shit :willynilly:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So, me and Tony and Cody (end part of the day) worked on The Whore. We re routed and ran the coil under the rain tray. Cleaned up some wiring, made a battery tie down, extended some of the power wires to mount the battery better, re wired the fans so when the key is on it's on low speed, and when one of my bajillion hazard switches is on the high speed is on. We also hid the fan wires.

Pixors!
Started like this.

Fan wiring we ripped out.

I need better pixors. Battery tie down is a chain and some goofy bracket bolted down on each end.

The wires we had to extend using a breaker switch, and the other spot of the battery tie down.

Less clutter but still cluttered.

Purple LED headlight switch Dako made. It works! I want to do all the interior lights like this.

The hazard switch lights up when the fans are on. Kind of handy so it's hard to forget to turn the fans off. The middle hazard switch is the actual switch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well, the ECU died on me yesterday morning. We fixed a few grounds, added a ground, put a new ECU in and it runs again! Mu buddy Cody got me the ECU and a Shifter box. :woot:

Pictar dump!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Shitty paint and shit.. It still needs some body work, some touch ups, some trim pieces, and some cleaning. I painted my wheels, and i got some white paint on the tires. I'll get the paint off tomorrow. Also put my door handle cups on and got my new plate, i forgot to take out my temporary plate for the pictures haha.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts