VW Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Very nice! I love those tail lights. I was wondering how all red with white reverse would look. I've wanted to do that to mine. That definitely sealed the deal on wanting to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Changed my wheel bearing and hub, raised my car a few inches for better handling and ride height, got a brand new windshield finally. and did a few more things.

Got a rear bumper, and changed my CV axle in a puddle while it was down pouring. It sucked.

Me and my buddy shaved my fenders.

Then changed my fenders at 3am the day before Euro Hanger. Also, no rust! only a wee bit of surface rust. I was happy to find that out.

I think the fenders turned out pretty good.

I need to work on my engine bay a little bit. I have lot to do to this car still.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, The Whore is all Purple now. It's not to bad, needs some touching up still.

I also gutted as much weight as i could from B pillar back without cutting anything out.
It weighed in at 2520lbs with me 260lbs, my GF at 160lbs, and 100lbs of scrap and a full tank So the car roughly weighs 2000lbs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Blew out a tire today. Got the old fake works i had on my wagon then my Geo back. Now they're on the Whore. The car has some rake right now, i need to do something with the rear so i can lower it back down.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
That's what I thought. Are you able to go lower with those tires or do you rub?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
this was the lowest i could go up front without rubbing. It would barely rub on hard corners. The back could have went lower, but it wouldn't tuck unless i had stretched tires or a bunch of negative camber. Or if i did some body modification to lower it more with 205 and normal camber.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Me, Jeremy, and Tony redid my exhaust. Had to drop the motor down in the front and remove the intake to get the double down out and header in. I picked up a good condition Brosal Brospeed 4 into 1 header. 2.5 inch pipe to a glasspack back to 2.5 inch turned out the side with a flared end.

all back together.

The header on. (missing a trans bolt, i know.)

The 2.5inch pipe

The tip.

The results with a 0-80 run.

HDV_0237_zpsec0e25b9.mp4 Video by GMVWLOVER8186 | Photobucket

Me and Jeremy doing a 2nd gear pull haha, our cars a dead nutz even.

HDV_0238_zpsa071bed4.mp4 Video by GMVWLOVER8186 | Photobucket

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
I love how 8v's sound.
I was able to get my autotech tri-y header in from the bottom. I know mk2's are a little different but thought it could be done from the bottom.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I love it!
Thanks, guys!

I love how 8v's sound.
I was able to get my autotech tri-y header in from the bottom. I know mk2's are a little different but thought it could be done from the bottom.
Me to, i loove the way my car sounds now. we tried to get the old manifold out from the bottom, but it wouldn't work. So we had to tip the motor and take the intake off to get the stock manifold out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

The carbs

started to tear The Whore apart.

Digi stuff removed, Venair hoses installed.

We go to the point to install the carbs. That was a problem. We had to grind awap some of the carb manifold ear and put a small dent in the header so they would clear. After fighting with the shit for a long time we finally got everything installed.

carbs waiting to go on.

Vacuum block made out of spare hose and Home Depot haha.

new fuel pump installed

Got everything ready to start, finished up a little bit of stuff, and tried to start it. Had to mess with the timing.

First start, ran decent. Has some stuff to finish up. The smoke is from some oil that go on the header.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCI6Eb5yDM

61 - 80 of 93 Posts