Well, started to change the clutch yesterday. Ran into issues like always. Also got side tracked, like always...
Got the trans out in like an hour with no issues.
Sachs clutch disc, SPEC stage 3 pressure plate, and a light weight flywheel.
And then this happened.
Because we're retarded and do stupid shit haha.
Jeremy then decided to try out his alternator re-location idea. It deleted the big bracket bolted to the water pump and moved the alternator down a bit and closer to the block. We have another idea we're going to try.
Found another demon part on my car. Kinda explains things, lol.
Tony gave my mouth a gold tooth.
Tony made a custom solid trans mount.
Tony also boxed in the weak part of the trans mount.
Ran into an issue we have to fix today. The bolt holes that go all the way through the diff don't exist on the FF trans. So no we have to make a custom bracket to bolt the rear trans mount arm to the diff.
We still have a lot more to do later today. I know a lot of people are going to hate on the gold. But it's whatever, we were just having fun.
I started to clean up the engine bay wiring.
Tony built an adapter plate to run a MK1 trans in a MK2.
Drove The Whore home tonight. The clutch feels and works great. The trans ratios are awesome, my 4th gear now is like my old 5th gear. I can tell a difference in how it pulls in first up high, and how much faster the motor revs.
The only issue i'm having is 2nd and 4th. When i pull the shifter back it hits the box and can't pull back for enough to get 2nd and 4th is difficult. I think i may have to extend the shift rod about a 1/4 inch or so to make up for the adapter to run the rear mount.
battery relocated and a power breaker added.
Battery is only tied down with a bunch of zip ties. We still have to make a battery tie down, we were too tired to do it tonight.
Well last night we started working on The Whore. Spent about 3 hours running around trying to find a better way to link my carbs. Finally got something good that will last for awhile until i can get some more Heim joints. After we mounted the carbs and header we put the head on. We started assembling everything. Got pretty close until we realized i had a 1.8 timing belt and not an ABA timing belt. I also need a smaller v-belt. Decided to call it a night and finish it later today. I also got the E30 dash mounted and ran the wires. Still needs work though.
So far here is the list of stuff that needs to be done.
Installed the 1.8 oil pan and oil pump.
fill everything up with fluids
hook up throttle and choke cable
put the timing belt and v belt on
bolt the header flange up to the exhaust
put wheels on it and hopefully finish the Dash swap.
Owner Member Name: dubdoc
Model: Rabbit Pickup (AKA: Caddy)
Summary of the car: Completely rebuilt from the ground up. It has a mostly GTI interior and appears totally stock
Engine Specs: Presently a warmed over 1.6 turbodiesel with a...
Here is my 2013 GLI. It has about 6K miles on it.
2.0L Turbo (CBFA)
Mods done are: APR Stage II, Neuspeed P-Flo intake, SPM Track downpipe, Magnaflow catback, Vogtland 1.6” drop springs, 18” STR 604 wheels, vinyl black roof, AWE turbo outlet pipe, Godspeed front mount “twin” intercooler...
Bought this towards the end of 2011.
Owner was going to scrap it and i took it off his hands as i hate to see a good car go to waste, i knew it needed alot of work doing but how much i was unsure.
It a 1999 (V) 1.4S 16v with the AHW engine :)
Some pictures from when i got it to now.