VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheres the best place to put a hidden switch thats reachable sititng in the drivers seat

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What's the switch for? I always thought that putting one inside the center console like way in the back. But then if you use the console you could brake it. I put my cigarette lighter inside the little compartment underneath of the steering wheel. That would work too.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
on the side of the center console (SP) or under the knee brace thing. yaknow what i mean? i was thinking about that too, for like neon or something. my friends and i were joking around.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah mine is for my radar detector...i have the din slot on top where the radio used to be and im going to make a box there and put the radar detector in there. then im going to make a removable face plate to make it look like theres nothing in there but it will be transparent so u can see the lights of the radar detector. then i need the switch in case i get pulled over in va and all i have to do is hit the switch

·
Registered
499 Posts
how about the compartment for the manual, right hand side under the steering wheel. Thats where I usually put my faceplate when I take it off. Probably the easiest place would be on the side of the center console, down by your knee.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i know a good place but its not hidden. right behind the shifter in the center console in the little pit where the brake goes into, hard to explain but maybe if you look, youll know what i mean.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was just thinking, why not put it up with your other switches (defrost and hazard on my car). I know I have three switches that aren't doing anything. It wouldn't be hidden but It would look like it was meant to be there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeha i know what yall are talking about and with the stock switches..i dont want to cut it and fit the switch i have for it. cuz trust me it wont look stock and would stick out like a sore thumb. i was actually thinking about putting it in the lik piece of plastic in front of the shift knob where u can put coins or whatever but then its not hidden

·
Registered
499 Posts
just splice your switch into one of the empty ones on the dash. Whoever had my car before me rigged an elec. fan up and just used one of the blank switches.

·
Registered
82 Posts
how about if you take out ALL the factory switches, replace them all with some sweet as switches of your choosing, for now 2 of them can be dummies, and only one real. it would look pretty cool i think. plus it would stick out less seeing as how you've changed ALL your stock switches.

its like that sherlock holmes story, where the bad guy hides the "purloined letter" right in an envelope on his mantle, baffles all the dumbass cops, till sherlock figures it out. (and if you ask me, the traffic cops ive run into certainly were no sherlock holmes)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts