VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 15s on my jetta and I'm thinking about getting 17s with new tires. If I get 17s, what measurements are best? I looked into motegis, xxrs, and rotiforms, and there are so many combinations, like 17×7, 17x8, etc. I was wondering if the different measures made the ride feel any different and which is the best.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Tires will have more of a ride feel effect. I prefer 18" wheels myself and wider wheels like 8"+, but depends on your driving needs. Offset and width will be very important to know to verify if they will fit (IE Tuck, Poke, Rub)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Pick a few specific model wheels and list them. (Id stay away from XXRs by the way, very cheaply made). Offset and width will determine what size tires you want. If you want stretch/poke wheels, etc

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
psst you don't count you track your car.

We can only get you to the destination you have to pick what it is.
What exactly do you want. Ride comfort sloppy wall tires change direction 2 seconds after the rims do or full on race track tire. Or anything in between.

Tires are literally the most wide ranged possibility of any choice you can make on your car. They have a hand in most of the variables of a car when it comes to the driving aspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts