VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '82 Cabriolet with a 1.7 ltr, 16v that I'm doing some work on...Need typical parts - new roof/headliner, rubber, etc. What is the best source for parts - both OEM and performance and information on the Rabbit? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's a place in Seattle called EARAE Motorsports (www.earae.com). They have a wrecking yard and performance shop. Maybe they can help you out, or maybe they know someone in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TampaBeachBum:
I have an '82 Cabriolet with a 1.7 ltr, 16v<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure about that? They didn't make a cabriolet in '82, it was a Rabbit convertable. And making a 1.7 16v involves either welding up an oil return on the 16v head, and getting custom pistons so you don't have insanely low compression, or fitting a 1.8 block with 1.6/1.7 crank and rods... and custom pistons to make the rods fit. Either way, something doesn't ad up.

Not many places can beat motorworks.com for weatherstripping prices, but be prepared to crap your pants when you find out what top seals cost for a drop top bunny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts