VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was looking at the dyno for the eurodyne 550cc file at it was way to weak. I know doug and I could tweak it but just wanted to check out other ones first before I dive into the world of tuning.

United motorsports has a tune for over 300whp called stage 3. Ill have met all the requirements and it is claiming 26psi at over 300whp for $600

Any other suggestions and experiences for tunes? I just want around 300hp and torque can be any number. Im getting engine rebuild with ie rods and tanged bearings and arp head studs.

Also price is big on this guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
You're not reaching 300whp on your stock K03 or K04. You'll most likely need a GT28 for that, plus all the supporting hardware for said turbo. I believe right at 300whp you'll need to start looking at new internals too (rods and pistons).

APR has a Stage 3 kit that will put you at about 290whp, and a stage 3+ that will put you about 340whp. You'll be looking to spend around 4-5k to do this the right way.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am well aware. I shuold of clairifed my mods.

1.8t awp mk4 jetta
f21 frankenturbo
3" maf
550cc bosch injectors
3" dp
3" test pipe (cat-delete)
fmic
forged ie rods
tanged bearings
gauges: boost, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, a/f ratio
stage 2 clutch
tip
3 bar fpr

basically im going to be running stock tune and not installing injectors untill I pick a tune. Im stuck between united motorsports and eurodyne 550cc file. The 550cc file from eurodyne will put me at 275whp with the f21t.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also I believe that rods are based on torque spike. Ive heard about someone doing 330whp and 280 torque with a perfect torque curve on stock rods for a long time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not switching. Not worth it to me. The eurodyne 550cc will get me 270whp and 300hp. Im gonna just do that and see if I want more. United said theres would get me 300at wheels at 26psi.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
United just emailed me. I will see 300 at the wheels at 26psi on 93. Checking to see if they have sai delete in ecu

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
united can do full emissions write out.
sai, evap, pcv, egr, etc trust me i have it through united.

but the best big turbo software is eurodyne maestro 7. hands down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts