VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a huge and terrible ordeal with Meineke installing my Flowmaster catback, I was finally refunded my money after failed attemps to fix the dreaded sounds it was making. I finally wised up and am putting a TT stainless exhaust w/ Borla muf. on it at Hillside Imports close to where i live. Anyone who is considering puttinga flowmaster on their car....do yourself a favor and don't

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
cool man, glad to see you went over to the tt .how does it sound? how much did it end up costing you because i am also looking into buyin tt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually having it installed tomorrow. Hillside quoted me $420.19 for everything (parts and labor)...I'll tell you how it sounds tomorrow

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Good price, Warning to u, very quiet at first, will be broken in and abit louder after like 150 miles. Its a badass exhaust tho. Yeh Avoid anythinig american made, people usually only make that mistake once

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
420 is a good price, i think ap is like 555 or something like that, maybe if i look around i might be able to afford it right now

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy shit it is November...i meant 11/14/03....actually now i have to wait till monday, just got a call from the shop. and the price is going to be around 640, not 420...made a mistake...sorry

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hope you enjoy the TT exhaust. It's a lot nicer of an exhaust than a flowmaster for german applications. Remember, if you buy the good stuff from the start you won't have to take anything back

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll only have to pay about 200. I forgot that i need a new cat-converter as well which added to the price. My dad is covering the rest...mwuahah...gotta love that!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
lucky..my dad is a penny pincher and wont even buy me a car despite the fact he makes almost a hundred grand a year
oh well....congrats man

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hooray, the Techtonics exhaust was installed today and I couldn't be happier with the work and quality of the exhaust and Borla muffler. I saw the old Magnaflow exhaust that Meineke "worked on" and they did some shitty fucking work. Everything was welded, no bolting, and they welded the cat to the downpipe...what the shit?? When someone tells you not to get that kind of work done at a chain, LISTEN TO EM!!! Do yourself a favor and buy TT if you're looking for a sweet catback

·
Registered
141 Posts
how much was it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well since Meineke fucked up my downpipe, they had to replace that as well. But besides that, for the TT converter, the exhaust, the borla muffler, and installation, cost me $640, and Meineke is paying for the new downpipe

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jman9895:
how much was it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you notice that Volkswagen is misspelled in your signature?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Good price, Warning to u, very quiet at first, will be broken in and abit louder after like 150 miles. Its a badass exhaust tho. Yeh Avoid anythinig american made, people usually only make that mistake once<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? If you buy the borla muffler with the TT exhaust it's a fairly nice system, should outlast your car. The dynomax is a joke. And never buy a Flowmaster for a 4cyl... it'll just make your car sound broken.

And as for the American made? Autotech makes some really nice exhausts and they're American made. And everyone seems to forget that their precious Neuspeed is an American company that got their start in the '70s making tie bars for Rabbits.

Supersprint is european, and although they're nice systems the hardware is horrible, and the fit isn't as nice as the autotech systems. Bosal is european as well, and once again... it's a good system with shitty hardware. The fit is better, but the price is outrageous especially since they use small tubing.

I don't have particularly good things to say about Techtonics exhaust. I've installed their systems, and the fit isn't great, the hardware is soso. But they work fine, last forever, and are a great system for the price. Everything else they make is awesome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts