VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was wondering if the 90-92 back bumper plate (metal thing) is different than the 85 bumper plate because i just got a big bumper kit and it wont fit...im stumped got any tips? thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
i think u have to get the right rebar or something from a big bumper car...did u get clips for the bumper as well cuz u need to put those on too

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think i got clips? i got things that you put on the inside side of the bumper that connect to the car but that is it no rebar how much dfo you think one would cost

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah the rear one is wierd... i saved some time and money and went to the junk yard and pulled one with rebar for 20$. i've been told that you need the right rebar to fit the rear bumper but the front slaps right on. I've done the front if ya need tips.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I have a front rbar you can have for 20 plus shipping. I used it for 6 months then decided i didn't like the big bumpers. But yeah they're different. You can put small bumpers onna big bumper rrebar but not the other way around. Let me know if you're interested in it. Also you can buy an aftermarket rebar for around 40 dollars from most autobody shops. If you don't wanna get a used one or spend like 250 from the dealer. Good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
hello,

could i have a pic of it???
i still learning english..and i don´t know about all these words...(the meaning)

but i could help if i can...

greets kevin

·
Registered
92 Posts
YOU GOTTA USE THE ONE FROM YOUR CAR WITH THE BIG BUMPER CAUSE THE BIG ONE BOLTS ON DIFFERENTLY ALSO IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY GOTTEN THE BUMPERS ON THE REBAR GET YOURSELF THREE OR FOUR LARGE C CLAMPS AN SOME SCRAPE PLYWOOD CUT INTO 5 OR 6 INCH STRIPS AS LONG AS THE BUMPER USE THE CLAMPS THE SQUEEZE THE PLASTIC ONTO THE METAL ALSO HELPFUL WOULD BE SOME DOWEL RODS AS BIG AS THE CLIPS THAT GO INTO THE REBAR I THINKMYOULL NEED 1,1/8 GO SLOW AN YOULL HAVE NO PROBS THATS HOW I DID MINE ANYWAY YOULL ALSO HAVE TO CUT THE REAR IF THEY ARE COMING OFF A JETTA AN ONTO A GOLF

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I wouldn't cut a rear big bumper to make it fit a jetta. You can easily sell a jetta rear big bumper and buy the correct rear for a golf. But that's just me. And plus then the clips on the inside that snap on won't be there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts