VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I usually don't race on public roads, but this guy really wanted some and there weren't any other cars around us at all. I was on 83 south heading from Harrisburg to York.

I assumed I was only going to be a tiny bit faster than this guy, because I had probably 200lbs of luggage in my car and 2 people (including me) in the car.

We went from a 3rd gear roll at about 65mph to around 120. He got the jump on me by hitting it first, but it didn't last long at all. I had him by at least 6 car lengths, probably more by time I let off.........
. I didn't think I was gonna pull him that bad, as top end definately isn't where the 1.8T shines, and it is the VR6's sweet spot. I don't know what was done to this car, but it definately was lowered and had an exhaust. When we came up on traffic we slowed down, and both gave eachother a thumbs up.

Anyhow, the reason I am posting this is because I am wondering if anyone in York knows who this is? I have seen this guy around York quite a bit, but still never got to meet him. Anyone know who this is? It is Tropic Orange, has a small neuspeed decal in the rear windows and as I said above, it is lowered and has and exhaust and is the only Tropic Orange VR6 that I have seen in York. It's definately a sharp car.

[ January 29, 2004: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Could it be Evil GTI? I know he use to have a Tropic Orange VR6 but he had a SF body kit on it. Not sure if he ever sold that car when he got the VR6T. But on a side note this past summer when i was up visiting DB, we were going around on the back roads and i was following him and all i had was the SS BCS, CAI, and Exhaust and i was tailing him the whole time with him pulling away ever so slightly.
jon

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
Could it be Evil GTI? I know he use to have a Tropic Orange VR6 but he had a SF body kit on it. Not sure if he ever sold that car when he got the VR6T. But on a side note this past summer when i was up visiting DB, we were going around on the back roads and i was following him and all i had was the SS BCS, CAI, and Exhaust and i was tailing him the whole time with him pulling away ever so slightly.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were being kind. I drove your car pre-chipping and it seemed to handle its own really nicely at H2O.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
You were being kind. I drove your car pre-chipping and it seemed to handle its own really nicely at H2O.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, well that was without the BCS on so... But i guess you going from the 2.0 to a 1.8t 150hp is a huge jump for you

jon

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'm not really suprised big dong - with all the mods you have to your 1.8T and if that guy didn't have anything major done you should have been in good shape to take him on (and smoke him). From a roll I would think a turbo would do really well since the lag isn't an issue.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When we came up on traffic we slowed down, and both gave each other a thumbs up.

thats cool so many people just give each other dirty looks or speed off pissed at the other person. Its like they wanna fight because they lost. Glad to see people not getting upset because they lose.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i would assume that turbo would work better at higher rpm's might be wrong. i say this because the 1.8t got better traps. not good from the start but high ends are good.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wug:
When we came up on traffic we slowed down, and both gave each other a thumbs up.

thats cool so many people just give each other dirty looks or speed off pissed at the other person. Its like they wanna fight because they lost. Glad to see people not getting upset because they lose.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya that happens to me sometimes when i race those ricer aholes! the one time i raced a vw we both saluted each other after which i thought was pretty cool!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
i would assume that turbo would work better at higher rpm's might be wrong. i say this because the 1.8t got better traps. not good from the start but high ends are good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turbos generally are better in the upper range, but the stock (BigDongs) Ko3 turns into a hairdryer at high RPMs and boost cannot be held as high.

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Could it be Evil GTI?
No it wasn't me, although the result would have been the same
. Mine is all stock now..... no neuspeed stickers, not lowered and I have snow tires

[ January 29, 2004: Message edited by: evilgti2000 ]

·
Registered
526 Posts
i actually think that is same car here in wrightsville..i believe thats where he/she lives. i think its a he. i know i raced him and lost bad on 30 he has other ims on it doesnt he? or couldnt you tell? i think they are modas. and he also has a darker tint right?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
good job Matt. I have never seen a tropic orange gti around us. That's cool that he gave you the thumbs up. the guy must have been a good driver. Matt has one quick car...pushing 21 psi on a stock manifold??? crazy. haha. oh and matt's car is a super sleeper-very nice though.

the rear just has a "turbo" badge on the right side, right? hotness!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:

ya that happens to me sometimes when i race those ricer aholes!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the only balls to the wall drag I ever had was with a V6 Accord, and when we were done he waved at me through the sunroof.

Just to bust a much deserved stereotype. But I know the feeling about them being a dillhole at the end. whats worse is when they win and then flip you off or something.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
Im just glad that this subject can be talked about freely on this forum.

My VR isn't slow...but chipped 1.8Ts own me...for now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pffft, for now.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Pffft, for now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ole VR has a lot of potential - DON'T QUESTOIN IT! hehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts