VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out what size rims I can fit on my 03 Jetta. I have hydraulics, so am I trying to find 20's. The only thing holding me back is the width of the rims. 20's come in a width of 8.5 or bigger. Will that tuck in my fender well????

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
good luck with 20's it's hard enough for people to get 19's under there. Plus i could only imagine what the ride would be like. Try looking for some 19's IMO
jon

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
First off: WELCOME!!!

Now, come on. Go for 19's. SOOOO much easier, and when lowered nobody will notice that they are an inch smaller.

Also, where in AZ are you? Wouldn't happen to be near Prescott would you, 'cause I need some fellow dubbers to hang with out here...

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pimpn8eez:
I am trying to find out what size rims I can fit on my 03 Jetta. I have hydraulics, so am I trying to find 20's. The only thing holding me back is the width of the rims. 20's come in a width of 8.5 or bigger. Will that tuck in my fender well????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you've got hydraulics in a jetta ? lets see some pics of this beast !

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
If you have the funds make some 20's fit. But like everyone said, 19"s will be fine and the avg. person wont be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd go w/ 18's myself, it's bad enough that they're already just a rubber band around the wheel, 20" may be asking for trouble

Of course, there's always those 29" wheels I saw on some MTV show a few weeks ago

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
that's a little to show for me but soo far it looks good!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Glendale...Bummer. Let me know of any big gtgs or anything if you would; might be willing to drive down...

Oh, and...

WHOA!!!!

Looking good!!!

[ February 24, 2004: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
An 8.5 should fit ok, I know some people running 17x8 and 18x8-9. you might have to use some spacers and roll the fenders, but I know I have heard fo one guy with a WB kit that had 10 front and 12 rears on. Thats a hell of a lot of rubber for a dub.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I just bought a set of 18x8 rims for mine, dunno if the extra half an inch makes a difference. Actually, one of my coworkers's brothers has a Jetta, and was running 19x8.5 wheels on it, wanted to sell em to me, but I think 19" is too big for my car in the area I live in.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Waait a minute, about 1500 for the setup? where??? how ??? i want it if its less than 2 grand Please let me know, email the info to me or post it here my email is : [email protected]
thank you guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pro hoper has a special for about 9hundro with shiping and then all you need is batteries and accumulators.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I like hydros... but putting them on a MK4 is a great way to make a fair handling car into a pile.

It's also a good way to make the doors not close right anymore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pimpn8eez:
So does anyone here acutually have 8.5 (width) rims on there dub...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got 19s on mine. They are 8.5 wide, and fit with no problem. The car is not lowered, though. Also, I opted for quater-inch spacers just to be safe with the front brake hoses. It did look like it would clear, but I was not about to take a chance. I don't have any pics hosted, but in the nearest future they will be on CarDomain. i know it is not the most creative way, but it is something. Just my .02
]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have no idea what kind of wack hydro set up you have seen, but my car ride just as good, if not better than stock. Get lower and higher then all others. And what is going to go wrong with my doors???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts