VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of "customizing" my 95 golf gl. i wanted to go with the all black theme ... black wheels, black tint, the mk4 style headlights smoked, projector fog/driving lights, speedhut indiglo guages w/ black widow logo, and then red underbody neons, shaving the doorhandles, and then filling in the liscence plate area. im tryin to stay as far away from rice as possible with this car ... i was thinking of going with a black widow theme ... but not too flashy because cops here are really up tight. and im looking for an exhaust with a nice purr ... not too loud ... i dont want something that sticks out. anyone have any pictures of black on black setups like that and what would you all think of something like that.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
a newer member here (98jettagtsurfur) has an almost black on black setup. It's one my favorite mk3 jettas!!! here are some pics:

In my opinion, I dont like a total black setup. I think silver wheels and not smoked tails balance with the black. I think everything black is too much. but like I said, thats just my opinion. sounds like you got lots of plans for your new dub. congrats and welcome to the vwforum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
oh but we all love black on black!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what company carries a decent black wheel. im looking for a wheel like silvergti's ^ above ... but in black. and the black widow theme would be cool because the red hourglass is on the bottom of the spider ... and red neons underbodies would look hot

·
Registered
131 Posts
DONT get neons, anywhere, no excuses. you own a VW.

Zak

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I totally agree with Flukeoff. Neon is sold where you can get chain link license plate frames and pork rinds. But I'm down with the ALL black look, which is what i'm slowly evolving towards. I want to paint the wheels black but then again I don't.

·
Registered
893 Posts
im going the black rt too....... Im getting the smoked mk4 lamps, keepinf silver wheels though... i personally am not a fan of black wheels, with the exception of black chrome!

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: mk3grl ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Montana Green GTI:
ehh...iu dunno about you guys but i like the montana green look hehe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Montana Green is for girls. Nice car Susan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha neons ... actually ... now that i think about it ... neons are a waste of money ... i could just put that money towards a supercharger kit ... or not ... i dont buy slow cars to try and make them fast ... thats why you buy a sports car ... but anyways ... i drove a twin turbo'd rx-7 ... wow ... i nutted my pants like 15 times ... 0-60 ooooh ooooh ... turbo splashing noise ... ok ... enough of that ... you get the point ... can a vr6 engine fit into the normal mk3 golf?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah i like the whole smoked look but no black wheels man. too dark. unless it has a chrome lip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im just tryin to find a freakin wheel company besides konig that sells a silver wheel with black spokes ... besides konig ... but i wouldnt mind getting all black if i couldnt find a decent silver/black wheel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wanted something different ... because every other ricer in va has black cars with either silver or white wheels ... and i watned something different ... i was looking at these:

Konig Theory

Voxx Scorze:

Konig Glide:

Konig Spec:

Konig Appeal:

Konig Driver:

sport fox 2:

Konig Absolute:

[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: 95GolfGL ]

·
Registered
141 Posts
i'm goin black on black soon, the car is goin in for paint next week and i'm using this spray from "summit racing" (an online catalog) the spray is for lights and smokes them out. I'm doing tints and two gold stripes up the hood.

picts of the lighting i've done are on my website
http://wave.prohosting.com/jman9895/album1.html
http://wave.prohosting.com/jman9895/album3.html
http://wave.prohosting.com/jman9895/album4.html
http://wave.prohosting.com/jman9895/jettalights2/album2.html
http://wave.prohosting.com/jman9895/jettalights2/album3.html
http://wave.prohosting.com/jman9895/jettalights2/album4.html

those are picts of the lighting on my jetta

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
none of those lniks work ... but i do have a question ... will a vr6 fit into my 95 golf gl and around how much would an engine cost ... i can do the work myself ... im just looking for an estimate for parts needed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
does BBS make painted wheels???? i wanna get some black ones if they do.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95GolfGL:
none of those lniks work ... but i do have a question ... will a vr6 fit into my 95 golf gl and around how much would an engine cost ... i can do the work myself ... im just looking for an estimate for parts needed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am pretty sure that you are able to do the conversion. Im not positive on this, but I would think you would need new motor mounts, because of the weight difference between a 2.0, and a vr6. I would look around for totalled vr's (with no/not too much front end damage). or look around at used vr6s. best.

·
Registered
161 Posts
black on black is the only way to go if you have a black dub. the stealthyness of the final result is unreal. im shooting for the black theme also.i have a 95 black gti vr6 and a few days ago i got my windows tinted. i got 'em tinted 90-93% (illegal) and it looks great.let me know how ur car turns out cause i wanna c it.peace.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts