VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just finished replacing my front brakes,(like 15 mins ago), as i finshed i wondered if i'd done it correctly?? (starting to worry). Everything seems fine so far, i even flushed the system out beause i had mixed in DOT3 instead of dot4 the last time i did my rear pads.(dumb i know, live and learn i guess). So i THINK i did it right, any specific way??? Did mixing in dot 3 with dot 4 cause ANY damage?????

Much Thanxz,
DaVe

proud owner of a Royal Blue 98 Jetta GLX

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Don't mix dot 3 and dot 4 .On bleeding the brakes I am not sure ,I think you will need a extra person to lend you a hand.

·
Registered
180 Posts
the only way to really be sure is to drive... just do some circles in your driveway or something... let them break in... check and see how the pedal feels... if your unsure try a panic stop and see if you can lock them up.... if you can then your good... obviously do all this under like 20mph....

·
Registered
38 Posts
As far as bleeding your system, you shouldn't have to unless you opened the bleeder screws or rebuilt the calipers. If you have a spongee pedal like I do since I did a four wheel job last week, you might want to just in case. Remember to bleed from the farthest point away from the master cylinder to the closest. Concerning the fluid difference, I would call a dealer tech. and ask. You could take it to a Midas and have them do a pressurized power bleed if it's an issue.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts