VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I jsut got home from the shop. Finally got my HKS Blow off valve installed
Definitely love the sound . It was weld on because I was dumb enough to buy the universal
Just wanted to share my
with yall

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
... It was weld on because I was dumb enough to buy the universal <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT!? So theres no way that you can remove it when you start throwing codes!? You are aware that 1.8Ts are happiest with a diverter and NOT a Blow off valve right?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know that but it was too late when i already purchased it, besdes they told me that if i ever want to swich back to stock they can change it back for a very small fee. So I guess i can live with it. Yup yup

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You WILLNOT throw codes with the ssquv! I promise. The best BOV on the market IMO, friend has had one on his AWD for mounths, never a problem with codes or such like that. But i doo have alot of expirance with the downside of them,PM or IM me and ill share if u wanna know. no better sound iin the world...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah whats ur IM?? Ill Im you when i c u online.
Definitely happy wit it tho

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
...But i doo have alot of expirance with the downside of them,PM or IM me and ill share if u wanna know. no better sound iin the world...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should post your good and bad takes on here! Share the info with our fellow dubbers.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I'm in school and have nothing better to do.

Cons: After WOT if you let the car drop back to idol it will totally stall out if the valve is tunned to loosely. with a loose valve ALL of the air is relaeased and nothing is left to ignite.
Tunning them can be a pain,but ones its done just tighten the bolt and it will be fine. The car never has CEL's and will never idol or run rough like some others can. Since the HKS is a push and not a pull (mabye other way around) it can never leak.
Each time you shift, or it goes off the car runs rich for like 1/5 of a second, Nothing that will hurt it, but the cat will reduce its lifespan. Once it is tunned right, you can slowly let off the gass and it will pssh for like 10-20 seconds if u can do it right, its so much fun pulling besided a honda and just letting it rip. Ask anyone at the york GTG's my friends golf with the SSQUV sounds amazing and when pulling up to a local hangout (sheets) and letting it rip, just watch all of the necks snap to see who that was. I never get tired of driving/riding in that car. Theres some more pros and cons but im drawing a blank right now, ill post them as i think of them.

Make sure it is tunned pretty tight, 1/4 of the treads should be out, or it will stall randomly on u and you loose all the Power shit, Mainly the PS. Its scarry

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What you mean? How do I tune it? I know theres a little knob thingie and i know thats the place to tune it, but how do I know that its tuned right and how do I know whether to tune it or not? Is there anyone here in syracuse ny that knows how it should be set up???

thanx guys

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
if it were me i would have just got an intake for the bov sound. at least with the intake you get a little more power.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah i already got an aem cold air just waitin till summer to install it

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
To tune it you much turn the screw comming out the back. Farther out less air is left it, but it goes off under less gas, tighter you turn, the noise gets a little louder and it is much better for the car. My friend has a EVOms CAI , much better than AEM, but it helps the sound a good bit

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
if it were me i would have just got an intake for the bov sound. at least with the intake you get a little more power.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you. I have AEM and Forge DVR, and it sounds sweet. It's definately loud enough to turn heads. Everytime I take it to the dealer, one of the techs comes out and tells me how sweet it sounds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts