VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What companies make blue gauges and turbo timer that match the dash lights of the 20th anniversary gti? HKS turbo timer is blue but I don't know if it is the same blue or if it is lighter?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I just got a VDO gauge and went to autozone and got a generic dark blue bulb that was 1.89 for two. IT matches pretty well but just a tad dark compaired to the cluster. i'll try and get a picture this weekend of it. I plan on getting a LED bulb put in sometime when i find a dark blue one.
jon

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by porsche076:
What companies make blue gauges and turbo timer that match the dash lights of the 20th anniversary gti? HKS turbo timer is blue but I don't know if it is the same blue or if it is lighter?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out NewSouth: here

And, oh yeah....Welcome to the forum!

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Gti20thAEinDE ]

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've you check the FS in VWvortex, you'll find a GB on a set of gauges that uses the factory blue color for their lighting. I can't remember the name of them, but you should check it out. I think they're pretty expensive, but if you really want that stock look.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am a fan of the 42designs set up (although it's not a perfect match), however Omori finally got their act together after advertising it for 3 years and put this out through awe-tuning. It is a perfect match...

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Omori is where it's at for color matched gauges!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, be prepaired to pay premium $$

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys very much I am glad to be a part of the VW community. I love my car and plan to do many things! I'm not to familiar with VW's yet so i might ask a lot of questions so i apologize now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts