VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i live in MA, so we get cold spells somtimes... okay... 90% of the time... anyway whenever the car sits for a while, and it's cold, wehn i go to start it it stumbles, and farts out blue smoke.. then it warms up and is fine, also u gotta have ur foot on the gas pedal in order to get the bitch to start, otherwise it doesnt.... any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Did you change your oil recently? Could be overfilled and burning it. It could also be the start of a head gasket issue, or the valve seals. If it's a light leak in the gasket on start up, once the car warms up the gasket will expand sealing the leak. I would have it checked before it gets any worse, how many miles on the car?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dammit.

there are 101k miles on the car and i'm gonna check the gaskets today... today while i was on the road i went to accelerate and the whole damn car started shaking until i floored it and it downshifted.... sounds like i got more than one problem on my hands....

·
Registered
22 Posts
hows your plugs cap rotor and wires look, you might just need a tune up, it makes a big diffence if youve not done it in a while like 100,000miles

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did it over the summer, cap wires, rotor, timeing gear and belt, a ton of other shit too, now i got a smell of gas when i start the car...... i'm gonna check the timing this afternoon, but doesnt the ECU control the timing on feul injection....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now it has a very VERY tough time starting and reeks of gas when i do.... i cant see any leaks.... any thoughts???? it's got 100,000 miles, about 13k since last tune up any thoughts???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts