VW Forum banner

Can you sync your phones contacts with your car?

• YES - (I have a US tiguan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - (I have a Canadian tiguan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, if at all possible.

We are the proud owners of a new 2010 Tiguan Highline. (Canadian version of SEL).

We are having problems with syncing our contacts from our phones with the car via bluetooth to download our phone contacts. We can sync and are able to make calls, program the car with voice dialing, and program the 6 quick dial buttons on the nav screen. Beyond that, the functionality seems to be limited.

Our dealer told us that the Canadian version does not allow syncing of contacts from our phones. The user manual has removed section 3.4 (yep goes from 3.3 straight to 3.5) and does not have any written instructions on how to use voice control or the address book on the nav system.

We are VERY upset that this simple feature has been removed from the canadian version of the car. We had to figure out how to do voice controls by pushing the star button on the steering wheel and saying "Help" and then stumbling through the commands.

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know a work around for this problem to be able to sync our contacts into the car? We have a Blackberry 8300 and an iPhone 3G.

2. Can anyone make an ISO of their US version. (A digital copy of their nav system disk) and Provide me with a link to download it? I would be very greatful if someone would be willing to do this for me.

3. Is it possible to activate a phones voice dialing feature using the car? (Most bluetooth headsets allow you to press and hold the main button and then the phone will prompt you to make your voice command from the software incorporated into the phone)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Dealer is stupid

Ok so after many discussions and going back and forth between my dealer and VW Canada...VW has clarified that there is NO difference between the Canadian Tiguan and the US Tiguan (Other than Miles and Kilometers). So to answer my original questions:

1. The iPhone is now working in terms of syncing contacts (don't know how we got that to work, it just works now....We're still having issues with the BB)

2. Don't need a copy of the US version since apparently its the same.

3. The Tiguan is equipped with voice dialing already, however it needs to be pre-programmed for each contact you want to do voice dialing. IE, you cannot use your phones voice dialing software. (Which sucks because BB and iPhone 3GS don't require pre-recording and is much better software than the Stock VW bluetooth kit.

As a side note, the reason we weren't clear on any of the above is because our car was missing section 3.4 out of the manual which has all the info on how to use the NAV. Phone Kit, Radio, CD etc etc. (Again, dealer said that Canadian version doesn't come with this. VW canada set them straight.)

So we have so far figured this stuff out and are patiently waiting to section 3.4 to arrive at our dealer for us. (No they didn't offer to send it to us, we have to go pick it up) As a side note, we are very frustrated with our dealer.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Glad you are getting it all sorted out. that is stupid that they are making you pick up the manual that THEY forgot to include. I would have slapped my address onto the desk/counter and demanded it be shipped ASAP to me when it made it to the dealer....

glad you found the site, sorry we were not much help on this one... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a CDN 2009 Tiguan Highline with the Technology package and have the Phone button on the headunit (apparently also equipped for hands-free calling).

Could you share what part name/model your dealer installed to enable BT with contact syncing? I thought the only option was a third-party device by Fiscon?

Much appreciated!
Jason
Toronto

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jason, I'm not sure. It's the default system that comes with the Bluetooth package. If I find details I'll let you know.

As an update to my previous posts... Our bb8300 started downloading contacts to the car some 2 months later. We don't know why this happened, we hadn't done any updates on the phone. My guess is maybe the car system can update automatically simlar to how it gets info for traffic. ???? We're puzzled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another question (my dealer couldn't answer this one): Are you able to pair more than one device to your RNS-510 (i.e. 2 phones)? Both my wife and I have iPhones and desirable if both can be paired with our Tiguan.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you can pair multiple phones, however if more than one of these phones is in the car at the same time, only the phone that connected previously will connect to the car. In order to connect the other phone(if both phones are in the car) the phone that got connected would have to be turned off (or blutooth turned off) in order to allow the other phone to connect.

Kind of a pain in the ass.

I don't know why there is not an option to choose which phone connects if multiple phones are detected. I find the programming of the phone kit software to be very poor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
missing Manual 3.4 for 2010 Tiguan

I have had my 2010 Tiguan SE for two weeks. Love the car, but can't seem to get my hands on the missing owners manual 3.4. After readng other posts, seems that this manual is always missing. The dealership has been notified and they will call me when it arrives...so far, nothing.
I am having difficulties with the syncing of the contacts from my cell phone. Sometimes it will download my contacts and sometimes it will not. Doesn't seem to be anyway to "save" the contacts once loaded. If I shut off the car and come back later, the contacts are gone, although the phone itself sync's really fast and with no problems.
Anyone know where I coud get a copy of 3.4? Anyone have a solution to the contacts downloading (or not!)

thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts