VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i'm looking at some a bmw headlight conversion for my jetta. has anyone heard anything good or bad about the kit?? i'm not sure if its a hard install or not...

p.s. i shall try to rig 'angel eyes' around the high beams. i have yet to see a jetta with this setup

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
nice nice, how much is the kit u are looking at?? j/w i think it'd turn out pretty bad ass looking on a A3 jetta.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're currently on eBay at $286 plus $16 s&h. but there is still another day and 2 hours left on it. at this time tomorrow, i'll decide if i'm gonna bid higher. the problem is that i'm low on cash. but i've never seen these anywhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link for the website! they're cheaper there than currently on eBay. in this case, i can wait til i have money and them buy them there. cool deal. i just maaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy pull myself outta credit card debt now.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yeah thats a good find. i was checken out the site last nite. if i only had the money i'd be all about getting the kit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well there goes my idea. I was so thinking of doing the same. Let me know how you make out with that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the grill on that site but i would paint the wire black along with the rest of the grill. Dont really like the shiny chicken wire look.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that same website also sells a mesh grill for a jetta 3. i asked about that at car-tunes and they said that the mesh grill doesn't exist. the only ones are homemade grills that people convert and sell. i'm just glad i stuck with the 3 slat badgeless from bonrath. i can trust that company.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yea im coming up with my own design for my grill. i think it will turn out pretty dope. ill let u guys no when i start workin on that

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got those bmw headlights on their way to me now. finally i get something that no one else has. there are a lot of white jettas around central pa. Its hard to look unique. i'll throw some pics on here once i get the lights on.

p.s. hey TNP96vw, i haven't seen your car around at all. do you hang out on the pike friday and saturday nights? its still winter, but the cars are already out crusing and parking at circuit city and wal-mart

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
hey def get some pics up when you get them installed. I am also from the central pa area, I went by circut city last night, and damn it was packed. I want to stop by sometime and check things out. I will put a post up when/if I do. thanks.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yeah it was packed sat nite at circuit city and up at walmart. a few nice dubs were there. a white a3 vr6 with golf headlite conversion was pretty nice. i got some heads to turn when i rolled through with my shaving in progress. on that note we got the back 2 doors done over the weekend. next weekend we r planning on finishing the trim and other areas needed to be shaved. ill get pics up soon hopefully.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aight, i got the headlights in the other day. i'll try to post a picture or two tomorrow. right now my camera's batteries are dead.

the headlights look great except for a gap around the fenders.

i have a friend that can help me alter the fenders to make them fit better. but for the time being they look decent.

we're also going to try a new style 3-series hood extension/kidney grills deal on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was just wondering why it says it takes approx. 1 hour to install that Kamei grill. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sweeet i cant wait to see them!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, i finally got the pictures on here. unfortunately, its snowing here in pennsylvania today.

the pictures actually turned out o.k.

they dont look just right yet because i still have to paint the eyebrows and alter the fenders to eliminate the small gaps on the sides.

i hope these show up.... this is my first picture post

1 - 20 of 31 Posts