VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... I was wondering if there is a some what decent body kit, nothing too flashy nor too ricey, cuz i wanna keep the car like it should be, a decent VW. I don't want some big huge commando front end or any wings, just a nice kit that might also look good with a kit, and would would be a good lowering kit? but not make the car too low with a body kit so there aren't any scraping problems! Please help if ya can with any pics or links to sites! Thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I really like the look of this one. It has an S4 style bumper and 337 side skirts. I'd like do to mine like this, but that'll happen after I have tuned to the level I want it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Uh oh Johnny, looks like the tornado isn't unique around here any more.

Hehe... Welcome to the forum RedTurbo....Oettinger makes a pretty good kit, as well as Zender.... I think the Zender one ca be found at Autotech.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Uh oh Johnny, looks like the tornado isn't unique around here any more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MOMMA NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Uh oh Johnny, looks like the tornado isn't unique around here any more.

Hehe... Welcome to the forum RedTurbo....Oettinger makes a pretty good kit, as well as Zender.... I think the Zender one ca be found at Autotech.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This ain't my first time here! I just barely post here, I been a member since the summer, I just don't post much cuz I don't know many people here nor know too much about VW.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i say caractre or oetinger or the rs4 style. all very tastefull and clean.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am glad someone else is in the same boat as me. I just installed a 337 front and soon will install a vwvortex rear . I was looking for a decent body kit not too flashy and this is the best i could come up with. Oh, let me tell you that i really love the wide body kit but that requires loads of modification which i cant afford right now. Anyways i should a picture for you. Also i have H&R spacers front and back and Eibach Pro lowering springs with rear sway bars. It sticks like glue on the road without the harsh feel of a coilovers. Also another advise is that i already scratched my front end the first day and although my car is lowered at 1.8" I wound not recommend going lower with body kits. Hope this helps
Nav

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI152:
I am glad someone else is in the same boat as me. I just installed a 337 front and soon will install a vwvortex rear.
Nav
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is a vwvortex rear?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry about that. It is VW Votex it is the company that makes the body kits for VW. Look at the accessories at VW.com and you will see that they have one for the jetta's. the golf one looks like the 20th anniversary one but without the cut out for the single exhaust. I am buying mine thru the dealership.

·
Registered
380 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI152:
Sorry about that. It is VW Votex it is the company that makes the body kits for VW. Look at the accessories at VW.com and you will see that they have one for the jetta's. the golf one looks like the 20th anniversary one but without the cut out for the single exhaust. I am buying mine thru the dealership.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have one for the golf now too? damn i havent seen that yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm... I dunno what most of these kits look like or what all the letters and numbers mean. I do see the point if I get a kit and not lower it... but would replacing maybe springs (not lowering) and struts to maybe give it a better suspension or feeling? or ya think stock is good? how hard is it to put a body kit on? I don't even know how they work, haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also thanks fti gti for the email on helping me! Wasn't sure what I was getting an email about until I remember I had made a post on here, hehe.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If you were to get a body kit, just get a set of lowering springs, set lower in the front. Your back end looks like its sagging a little, so it would look a lot better, not to mention handle better. If you want the ride to be more comfortable though you would probably have to go with a new set of shocks too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the car sits kind of on a downward slope drive way... so that why it looks like it sags.. I highly doubt anything exciting will happen with the car. Its my dad's car, but I am on here to find fun and exciting things about the car to try and talk him into... I told him he needs BOV, haha. something just to have for the hell of out it since he has the 1.8T. Maybe I can look into some stuff for his birthday.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sorry about that. It is VW Votex it is the company that makes the body kits for VW. Look at the accessories at VW.com and you will see that they have one for the jetta's. the golf one looks like the 20th anniversary one but without the cut out for the single exhaust. I am buying mine thru the dealership.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is it VW Vortex or VW Votex?

I went to vw.com saw the body kit but nothing that says VW Vortex/Votex.

The reason why I am saying this is I thought that another company is making these kits for VW. More like Mattig GmbH or another German Tuner.

The closest thing I found what you mentioned is the VOTEX bumper but not VW Votex... hmmm

Here it is:

[ April 13, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts