VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a jetta with the oettinger front bumber, and some other sides and/or back? i love the front bumber, but not the sides and back, if so can i see some pics and names? thanx alot guys

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I got the OET-ger bumper and sides as they flow nicely together. The rear is Rieger and Grille is Caractere.

Eyebrows and Rear window wing is Mattig.

Please search the forum next time as I don't want to sound like "repeatin' shit" - quote Adam Sandler.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the kit looks sweet, but do you have a picture of the rear bumber? thanx

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hey Thomas is that Oettinger front bumper an add-on thing or is it a full replacement bumper? I am kinda confused because on the Oettinger site their are some pictures that make it look like a full kit and others that look like it is bolted and glued over the existing bumper. I think it would look a lot cleaner if it was a full replacement; if it isn't, why can't they make one? Is there a problem with the bumper's reinforcement or something? Thanks for the help Thomas, or anyone that chimes in as well.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
OK, since all the body work was done by me and my bro here it goes.

Full Front Bumper (Oettinger):

You install it over the existing bumper. However there is a HUGE TWIST to the install. It won't fit over the bumper just like that, meaning you have to CUT (that's right, CUT) the STOCK bumper! Let me quickly make a drawing for ya to clarify.

The Black lines is the stock, Red is Oettinger and Blue are places where we put rivets and glue. Most people cut off the bottom too but we went creative and cut just enough so that it would fit and left the bottom there so we could rivet is as well for times when I bottom out. And I did twice already while leaving a steep parking lot.

Side Skirts:

Oettinger as well --> Very easy install, we put about 4 botls on each end right through the wheel well. Then covered it with the plastic that is already in wheel well, left them visible in the back wheel but covered them up in front, for race car effect. They have visible in rear too.
Also I left a couple key rivets visible on front bumper as well for tougher look, but did sand the others down and painted over them.

Rear Bumper (add-on):

Rieger Tuning --> You simply rip off the original add-on bumper you have and you can store it as it is still usable, then put the Rieger one in it's place, and rivet in keyplaces. Riger actually supplied the rivets for this item.

Rear Window Spoiler and Eyelids:

Mattig GmbH ---> Use Polyurathene Glue that came with the items. You can also use a special treatment for the Polyurathene glue which you apply to each componnent to be glued, wait 20 minutes then apply the glue and AVOID RAIN OR WATER FOR 48HRS... Min 24HRS!!!!

Hope this helps a bit for those people who are wondering how much work is involved with this. Painting and other tutorials in the future.

[ January 03, 2004: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Thanks a lot Thomas for the info.; sounds like a ton of fun on that install...

Oh well; it looks awsome on your car and that's what matters

[ January 03, 2004: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts