VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to put a body kit on my jetta but, instead of getting a full body as one i would like to get it separate. like i want to have different parts from different kits and make it into one kit. is this possible? will i have to change anything? help me out here

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StRiCtLy Vw 2o0o:
i would like to put a body kit on my jetta but, instead of getting a full body as one i would like to get it separate. like i want to have different parts from different kits and make it into one kit. is this possible? will i have to change anything? help me out here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done all the time, some parts may require minor trimming but if you stick with the good names, there will be no problem. What componets are u thinking of, we could provide more information if we know the exact parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
bro i think it would look bad b/c it wouldn't be even with the whole kit. but then again its ur car and if u think its gonna look good go for it . i Doubt u have to change anything

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Whatever you do...stick to German body accessories, and don't rice it out. As long as you adhere to those rules, you'll probably be ok.

·
Registered
324 Posts
itll look fine, that is what I did and I think how it turned out looks better than any one kit does on the market. This kind of stuff is what customizing your car is all about.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBoraDJ:
itll look fine, that is what I did and I think how it turned out looks better than any one kit does on the market. This kind of stuff is what customizing your car is all about.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
true. I agree. your dub is how you want to make it. just make sure the lines flow with eachother (example: lines from the bumper flow to the side skirts, from the side skirts to the rear bumper. keep it german. best.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pleae please please. None of that rice shit that i keep seeing. I hate to admit it but some of the teen getting into the VW scene are just doing some crap stuff.

Remember to keep with german stuff. keep your lines clean and One of the easiest improvement you can do is to get some spacers for your wheels they look great on your existing body. you could just paint your valances and add some spacers. they look great. Also VW has some great looking fenders so by adding some spacers and may be replacing the fromt and rear valances you should be good to go for less.

Good luck finding something great. also no stickers please

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI152:
Pleae please please. None of that rice shit that i keep seeing. I hate to admit it but some of the teen getting into the VW scene are just doing some crap stuff.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen this too. I can see if you want to put on a aulminum wing but.... when you start doing the bling bling rims, Universal Exhaust that just sticks out and sounds nasty, and some of the other little rice stuff, someone needs to be shot. i'll try and take a picture of an example this weekend.
jon

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
when you start doing the bling bling rims, Universal Exhaust that just sticks out and sounds nasty
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

when i see this on a dub, or any euro for that matter, i just wanna kill them.
our cars are ladies not rice rockets, TREAT THEM LIKE IT!!!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueRabbit0886:
when i see this on a dub, or any euro for that matter, i just wanna kill them.
our cars are ladies not rice rockets, TREAT THEM LIKE IT!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's exactly how i feel. there are some people around me that have aluminum wings on jetta's and everytime i see it i start to cry from how bad it looks.

stick with german body kits and you'll be set. those have the best looks!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
chris..you can definetely piece togeher a kit no problem. check out reiger, oettinger, and strictly foreign. contact me for links if you need them brah
--dave--

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
I've seen this too. I can see if you want to put on a aulminum wing but.... when you start doing the bling bling rims, Universal Exhaust that just sticks out and sounds nasty, and some of the other little rice stuff, someone needs to be shot. i'll try and take a picture of an example this weekend.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need Jon, I have one for you...

[ December 25, 2003: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
I mixed mine up and I love the look of it and so do other peepz: I have reiger front, oettinger side skirts and rear valance, kamei gril n eyelids, top and midhatch wing by feedom design, projektzwo hatch blend. I love the look of it good luck with your mods good luck it will look just fine.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I mixed mine up as well "TOTALLY" and have yet to receive a negative comment. At least in my face, what goes behind my back stays behind my back.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
If you like it, do it. Who cares what other people are really thinking. The famous quote "to each his own" It's done all the time, looks damn good all the time. Fact is, IMO there arent very may complete body kits that look good. Mixing and matching comes out looking good as long as its the same style parts. Be a leader, not a follower (I totally agree about the alum. Wing, Wings West kitted cars, and Rice exhaust tho)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
I mixed mine up as well "TOTALLY" and have yet to receive a negative comment. At least in my face, what goes behind my back stays behind my back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your car seems to have a continuous style regardless of "mixing" so it looks good to me
I like the look of what you've done very much - I haven't seen another one like it around that is for sure!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts