VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the steering wheel gauge pod and a vdo boost guage from ecs tuning. has anyone had experience with this installation. anything i should know about before i try to install this.

any comments would be very helpful
thanks

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I was just about to do that, man. Lots of boost gauge install topics around, here, there, everywhere...or for a small fee, I'll do it for you!

·
Registered
510 Posts
What about ME? I;ve got a 02 gti with those damn side airbags, but i dont want the steering column gauge pod, I want them on the A pillar??? HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
What about ME? I;ve got a 02 gti with those damn side airbags, but i dont want the steering column gauge pod, I want them on the A pillar??? HELP PLEASE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your pretty much SOL, it is too dangerous to put the pod on the pillars with side curtain airbags. Look into NewSouth, or whatever their name is, they make a DIN panel, that allows you to install gauges above your radio.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help. i recieved it today and had it installed it in about an hour. nice fitment, looks good!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Your pretty much SOL, it is too dangerous to put the pod on the pillars with side curtain airbags. Look into NewSouth, or whatever their name is, they make a DIN panel, that allows you to install gauges above your radio.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm..I have a Volvo V70R with the side curtain airbags, no problem installing a pillar pod on my car! No trigers attached to the trim, all on the A and B pillars as well as the doors and the floor.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know there is a company that you send the piller piece out and they install one into the piller so it's all one piece. expensive though.
jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts