VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm looking for an awesome boost gauge to get my boyfriend as a late XMAS gift. He has a GTI 1.8T w/ a chip and intake. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
777 Posts
autometer makes good stuff but they are a US company so some people wouldent want them, id put them in mine....

autometer

[ December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Midnight VR6 ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His GTI is a 2003. Keep the suggestions coming! Also, does anyone know anything about a boost gauge that is an LED display shot onto your windshield??? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know there use to be a Turbo timer and boost gauge combo HUD (heads up disply) but when i wanted to order it the only place i found it at stop selling it. I really don't know of any others that sell one.
jon

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
if you wouldnt mind droping around $150+ and making your boyfriend very happy, i'd visit this page here that has omori gauges for vdubs...

they are very well made gauges, esp. the electric ones, and match the stock dash lighting perfectly

[ December 22, 2003: Message edited by: BlueRabbit0886 ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want any gauges that go where airbags are (the sidecurtain airbag, etc.) So I'm lookin more for the cool windshield one or maybe a column one? I have no idea!!! Please help!!!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
The gauges and the pods are different items. You can mix and match. Sounds to me like you want a column pod. You can find these at newsouthperformance.com. As far as the gauge itself, Omori will give you the closest match to the blue lighting. Others will come close but it will not be perfect. On the other hand, you can go with just about any gauge if you want to match the red lights, as I decided to do:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:

No airbag problems here
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh man i love that!!!!!

how much was that, and how hard was it to install?!

·
Registered
777 Posts
ive seen that before i really like it, you have to mail your gauge pod off if i remember correctly, is this true?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've seen it here before. It's possible someone will do the install for you if you ship your gauges but, at $265 for just the gauge, I think I'd do the install myself.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
The price was a one time deal, because mine was the first MkIV Golf/Jetta cluster done, so it's kind of irrelavant. The install was done by me, with no problems at all, it was very easy. The cluster was sent to CA to have the LED's, and control module installed though.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 13 of 13 Posts