VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered my boost guage from newsouthperformance.com
is there a wire routing sheet i need to find somewhere, or should all of that stuff be included in the package?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason i ask is because the guy i asked to install it for me said that there should be a wire sheet that shows where the wires connect in the car, not just on the guage...i dunno

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Assuming that you have a mechanical gauge, the only wires you have to connect are to power the bulb. You can splice/butt connect the live wire to the back of your euro switch. Its the leftmost top position on your switch. The other wire is just a ground. This will allow the gauge to dim with the rest of your interior lighting. Its a pretty easy install.

Helpfull link

[ February 06, 2004: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, i do have the mechanical one...

i checked out vortex's forums, and found this "how to" install...
http://gtimatador.vwmafia.net/boostgauge/boostgauge.html

i got the guage that mounts on the pod right inside the steering wheel...

i'm assuming the setup in the engine is the same, but they have that "T-connector piece", do i need to buy that at the store?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Sweet, I have the same setup. Heres an old pic of my interior:

Also, don't cut the stock hose in the engine bay. Buy your T connector and small piece of tubing and use that to connect your line to the manifold thing (not sure of the technical term). You are going to want the option of returning it to stock if you need to.

[ February 06, 2004: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do i just go to an autoparts store and say, i need a T connector and they'll know what i'm talking about?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You should be able to find a vacuum tee assortment in the "HELP" section of any reputable auto parts store, i.e. Autozone, Pep Boys, Advance, etc.

You know the parts with the red packaging that says "HELP!" on it? Look there...you'll find your tee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts