VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was running fine earlier today, I got to a friends house and shut it off, then when I left I can't get it higher than 4 pounds of boost and it feels a little bit sluggish. Any idea what would cause this? I'm not experienced with turbos so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Might be limp mode. You need to get the car scanned for codes. Autozone, etc will do that for free.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
limp mode is your cars way of saving itself from damage. something is wrong, so it limits boost. i find it hard to believe that you have no codes being in limp mode. rescan it.
check for boost leaks. unconnected tubes, cracked tubes. pancake pipe, boost lines, etc. but a scan should get you a more specific area unless its a boost leak.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Limp mode is when the car throws itself into a safe mode to prevent further damage by running the motor hard.

Usually ends up being pretty small.
Could be anything from vacuum leaks to a clogged exhaust.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked again and no codes. Did some research and found that a bad diverter valve can cause similar symptoms. Changed the DV and now it's running strong again. Going to order the forge 007 DV later Today just to prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed my 007 DV today and my car doesn't seem to be boosting quite right. Also, my ASR light is on and won't go off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I left the green spring in it that it had when it came in the mail. I read that for 7-15psi you want green so I left it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
When you say not boosting right, what is going on exactly?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Def limp mode. Check all the hoses and get the code scanned. Guy on here had the same issue, if I remember correctly it was just a tear in one of the turbo lines.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was in limp mode because my breather tube was cracked in half and n75 valve failed. My idle is perfect and cold start in morning is perfect too. Only costed me $150 for all parts labor and inspection from House of VW in Joplin. If your near take it too them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts