VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between the Bora and the Jetta? Style? power? or is it the same car just called the Bora in Europe?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ok, here is the lowdown on the name Bora. Basically here in the USA the Jetta has always been a popular car, so the name has stayed Jetta because its familiar. HOwever, in Europe the Jetta is like the redheaded step child of VW's line=up... aka not many people want them, they would much rather have a golf or a gti. So, in the interest of marketing, VW renamed the Jetta after the Mark 2 and called it the Vento, and then after that and the Bora for the current models. Unforuntalely this hasn't really affected the popularity very much but yeah... it was mainly an attempt to fool Europeans into thinking the car was something new and exciting and stimulate sales for the good ol' Jetta. Hope I was helpful.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBoraDJ:
it was mainly an attempt to fool Europeans into thinking the car was something new and exciting and stimulate sales for the good ol' Jetta. Hope I was helpful.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't the car something new and exciting? Just a thought... but I think it is. HAHAAH... Gotcha TheBoraDJ !!!

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts