VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know if they make ruber bumpers between each round of a spring like the do for a 4 wheeler?..but for a car..i need to know if you can give me a hand on that it would help alot thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hey yeah they are called bump stops and you can get them at Napa or anywhere like that. really cheap too. under like $30 for all 4 of them!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks tim...becuase with my sterio my gti botoms bad but only on the driver side for some reson i tryed to bang up the wheel well but it still hits i'm gonn have to try them it's only when i axcelerate hard..and the car sits down it should stop it..or i might have to go with a different off set for a rim...but thanks

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Yo hommie did you get the answer you are looking for?Only kiddin Harry ,I will talk to you later.

·
Registered
96 Posts
bump stops go on the strut. the things you are talking about are the cheap way of fixing worn springs. J.c whitney has the things your looking for.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I would also suggest rolling out your fender (Instead of "banging it out"), then use a torch or a safer heat source to mold your plastic wheel well.

A guy I know did that on his Gold A3. So that he could put 275 Tires on it. I know what a dweeb.

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts