VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up an 85 Golf GTI 1.8 8v it does have an MK3 transmission though. I Drove it home and it was a blast I can't wait to put it on the road just waiting on some lost title paperwork then she is mine.

It's almost a 30 year old car so it has some quirks but solid as hell but i do have some questions.

The shifter.
1) is there a way to move it back/can i Z bend it without ruining the shift points? i'm a shorter guy and even sitting straight up i have a LONG reach for 3rd and 5th.
2)it has the typical old car shifter play so i assume i need bushings but as for the reverse. Is there a spring set that makes pushing that lever down a little stiffer it feels Way to easy to put it in reverse i actual managed to put it in reverse 3 times now at stop signs.

Bentley manual) anyone know where i can get one cheep?

Over all what are some things i need to watch out for?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wink: welcome yourself this is my first FWD and my first vw and so far it has been a blast can't wait to start tuning her up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
muscle a camaro and a few jdm cars 2 supras 1 mk2 1 mk3 2 RX7 both FC turbo and an MR2. I love RWD cars but this gti handle like a pissed off go-kart and i love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts