VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. It's been a few months since I got me a brand new 2010 Jetta SE. I love practically everything about it ... but ... it seems to give me a very bouncy ride. Even taking a curve with a bump makes me lose grip (which is dangerous) and a freeway with ups and downs makes the car vibrate up and down (which is pretty darn uncomfortable). I also hear loud thump-thump noises when going over gaps on the road.

Could it be excessive tire pressure causing this? Is this how it's supposed to be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the S trim and don't notice any unusual bounce when driving. If you suspect tire pressure have you checked the pressure? Sounds more like suspension and since it is new you should have the dealer inspect for loose/damage to struts. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rubber shipping spacer inserts in coil springs still present?

I read that there are hard rubber or urethane spacer inserts installed by VW within the coil springs while transporting the car to the dealer. Those inserts are to be removed before delivery. Apparently the dealers occasionally forget to take them out of the coil springs. Check your springs for these black or orange spring spacers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bounce

I have an 09' Jetta 2.5. the Jetta comes equipped with stiff suspension. It will get a little bit softer over time. But keep in mind. It is a sport sedan and it will be firm riding. Speaking of firm. I put KYB shocks and struts on my Jetta.. WOW now that is a real firm ride.:lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts