VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bov/diverter question:

are there any bov's/diverters that are louder than hks's super bov installed on a stock gti 1.8t set up?

suspension question:

1.does anybody here use or know of a manufacturer that offers a race spring
with a 2.25" or lower drop, other than a full coilover setup?
i understand most of the coilover setups offered offers better ride feel,but im researching according to my budget.. it has been difficult for me to locate a spring online with a drop no lower than 2".

2.any suggestions/recommendations on a shock or strut that will support a spring drop of 2.25" ?

keep in mind all these questions are aimed for a gti 1.8t..
any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

much thanks

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I can't anser your first question, but as per the second one:

If you are getting springs and then shocks, "according to your budget", why not get the coil-overs?

Almost the same money. You cannot be possibly for real, telling yourself that saving $100-$200 is worth it, when spending around $500 - $700 anyway?

Just don't eat Burger King for 2 months and get yourself coil-overs.

I only got springs, if I would be thinking about replacin shocks too, I'd get coil-overs for sure.

As you guys say it, these are my 2 cents?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the reply. i only find coilovers with my height drop preference of 2.5" or more for prices $1200.00 and more....if you could post up url's of coilover systems your talkin about , that would be good. As for the spring's on your jetta, how low is that in the pic? rim/tire size,spring drop?? i have the stock 17 vw bravos that all 2001-02 gti 1.8t's have.. my goal for the drop is to have the tire tuck just right underneath the wheel wells..im new to the veedub world, please excuse me if any of these questions sound stupid...

thnx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is the difference between a BOV and DIVERTER? ..can i have both at the same time , or either or?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts