VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. 2012 Jetta S. It’s the base model 2.0. Yes, this is different from the common brake lights staying on even when ignition switch is switched to off. If I turn my key to off, brake lights turn off leading me to believe it’s not a ground issue but could be anyway. I’ve done the switch above the brake pedal fix before on other cars. No brake light switch inside the car on these cars so we can skip that here. I replaced brake switch under the hood without testing the old one(lazy me) and no quick fix. I disconnected every single connector on the rear lights and still the inside cabin upper brake light stayed on. Replaced BCM with known working unit and no change. The second BCM allowed me to turn car on and automatic lowering of windows worked, etc. Lock/unlock from remote didn’t work but that is expected. I read an article stating the brake booster could be the culprit though seems to brake fine. Booster still may be the problem. Can’t seem to find bad wire but haven’t done a dismantling to reach them all the way. I am hoping to avoid that even being a DIY guy. Anyone heard of this and possible reason/fix for it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts