VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced my rear calipers on my 2.0 because the seals were blown on the one caliper, and now i can't seem to get the brakes to work. i power bled all four calipers and and yet the pedal still goes to the floor when i start the car. i can pump the pedal and build up pressure but as soon as you turn the key it goes right back down. are there any spots that need to be bled that im missing? what else should i check for problems? any info would help, thanks

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
if it is sinking all the way to the floor it is prolly your master cylinder...your brake fluid inside of it might be bypassing a sealed cup in there. check the level of brake fluid in both sides of the container...if one side is lower then the other, u have an internal leak in your master cylinder and it will need rebuilt or replaced. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i would say that its the air lines too...my master cylinder went bad and the symptoms were the same but not all the way to the floor....i would check the master cylinder though...its like a 40 dollar fix if its bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts